Yeah, I know it’s been a long time since I blogged here. Let me see if I can think of updates to tell you.
On the home front, things are somewhat better. N and I have been going to counseling for several months and it helps. Still, there are issues we really have to find solutions to, and they won’t be easy to fix because they’re personality related. I did go out and buy two books which I haven’t read yet (LOL)…the infamous “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus”, and “Intimacy for Dummies”. Yes, I am a dummy when it comes to that department…I know what I like but I don’t necessarily know how we can connect in a way we both like, you know?
Also, my stepdaughter is still here. She found a job which pays fairly well and keeps her out of the house a lot but she’s still slacking in getting her driver’s license and stuff like that. She has to get rides from her brother which always results in fighting and I have to hear about it. N doesn’t do much about it which really pisses me off. I’m about ready to say I’ll drive her to work and she will pay me and she will keep her mouth shut, and that I’m only bringing her to and from here, nowhere else. (I’ll make exceptions like always but I won’t tell her that up front.) And if she or N doesn’t like it then he can drive her. If I didn’t have to hear about all this shit I wouldn’t care, but I can’t escape it. It also burns me up that she doesn’t have to do anything around the house unless her dad specifically tells her to, and that her room is a pig sty…I could go on and on. She has anger issues but still doesn’t get that taking her anger out on other people is a bad idea.
N’s dad was back in the hospital before Christmas with another bout of pneumonia, but it wasn’t as bad as the prior two cases and he was never in the ICU. He got out on Christmas day and was able to come to his daughter’s house to celebrate with us. We are still hoping he can have his scheduled surgery to unblock his carotid artery on Tuesday…he REALLY needs this done NOW and it’s been put off so many times. Now I think they’re waiting on the results of a chest x-ray to make sure the fluid is completely out of his lungs. Also at Christmas N and I picked up a stomach bug and we each had it for about 3-4 days (he got it 2 days before I did). So last week kind of sucked, but that’s life I guess.
I got through our Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting service on December 14. It ended up being beautiful and working out very well except for some excess wind (we were in an open-air pavilion near the river). But we put SO much work into it that after it was over I just kind of fell over, LOL. Now that it’s the new year it’s time to start back up with the TCF stuff. It should be easier from now on, if I can get people to do their share of the work and help me to recruit other members for various things. I would hate to give up anything that the members enjoy but if nobody helps, I can’t do it by myself.
Spunky went for her annual vet check last month and she got a GREAT report card! The fluids she’s been getting under the skin every few weeks have apparently helped her tremendously. I’m sure her kidneys will never again be at full health, but she’ll be 17 years old in April and everything else looks great. She’s gained a bit of weight back and is happy. I bought her a new bed for Christmas. :-)
I will hopefully be doing some product testing on a contract basis for N’s company pretty soon, and I hope that will once and for all help me to get rid of my data entry/courier job for the temp agency. I had said I was going to tell them in December that I wanted to quit by the end of January so they’d have time to train someone, and I hope if I start this new job soon I can go ahead with my plans and still give them time to find a replacement for me. 3 years doing that kind of thing is more than enough for me!
I guess I’ll stop here…if I think of anything else interesting, I’ll let you know. Hope you all are well and Happy New Year!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well! I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw that you updated your blog! lol. ;)
Hope everything goes well and things improve in certain departments. You know that I believe you deserve nothing but the best. :)
Post a Comment