Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday...and I'm tired and down

Well, today Nick left for NH for a weeklong training thing for his company. He should be back Friday night...of course there's a tropical storm that might cause some bad weather by then so we'll see.

He seemed pretty moody today. Not sure if it was because of the trip or something else, but of course I always figure I had something to do with it. I got up around 1:30 to make sure I'd have time to get ready to drive him to the airport...he was taking a nap so I ate some cereal. When he woke up and I asked him when he wanted to leave for the airport he said "I'll get Andrew to take me, don't worry." I said "Do you not want me to take you?" He said "You're not even dressed yet." Geez, it was only like 2:15 and his plane didn't leave till 5:44 and he was actually leaving from our city's airport this time and not Orlando which is at least an hour's drive away. *sigh*

I took a shower and got ready and by then Andrew was home...he'd been at his mother's house for a few days to drop off his sister's stuff. No surprises there...his sister was bitchy, didn't thank her brother for bringing her stuff, bitched at him for eating the last of the cereal this morning, etc. We thought she was moving back with her mom so she could go to college while working but apparently she's dropped the college idea again. Andrew reports that she wants to return to California as soon as she's out of debt...so she should be what, about 117 by then? Not to mention her mother is about to kick her out again for not helping out around the house and for threatening not to pay her rent if things didn't go her way. This girl is so messed up.

I did end up driving Nick to the airport and he was quiet the whole way...and then he passed the airport and turned onto the next big street and we ended up at Fazoli's. Guess he figured he wouldn't be eating the rest of the night. So after a quick meal (and one or two small conversations...very small) we finished up there and headed back to the airport. I waited till he was done with the skycap so I could give him a hug and kiss goodbye, and it was pretty much a letdown because he had already started picking up his laptop bag so he gave me a hug with one arm and I had to initiate the kiss. At least he texted me when he landed at his layover spot in Atlanta to let me know he'd gotten there safely. Well, after all that I decided to do some shopping therapy so I went to a few stores. Bought a small 3-tiered office shelf kind of thing (Rubbermaid or whatever) for inside my office cabinets, some cheap file folder labels at the dollar store, and a rotary cutter at the craft store for when I make all my greeting cards...I can score them to make the paper easier to fold and then I don't have to buy the expensive greeting card paper that's already scored. I will keep that stuff for more formal occasions. Now I'm really tired.

Well, I might be back online later, I have lots to do as always, but right now I'm gonna lay down and watch TV and just be a vegetable. Bye.

3 comments:

Ter said...

Sorry you're feeling down. Its too bad we don't live closer, I think we would have some good pity parties together. Yeah, we'd eat lots of icecream and all those things that make us fat. ;)

Joc(e) said...

Yeah! And we'd kick our husbands' asses too!

Trying to catch a breathe of air. said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. Can I join your icecream pitty party! lol I really dont need it but it sounds good!